Re: How to increase the number of threads.

From: Student <kennylim_at_techie.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 06:54:36 GMT

Thanks for your initial feedback and pointers.

Just a little background here..

Yes, I am attempting to build a single node/ two instance parallel server architecture on a Linux box (SuSe Linux 7.1) based on Oracle version 9.0.1.0.0 (9i Real Application Cluster)

I refered to Note:136077.1 from MetaLink as my primary guide. After some reading, I was able to setup the required Raw devices and the Cluster Manager components (ie. Watchdog, NM, CM) making sure that they work correctly. This enable me to move forward and install parallel server and created the primary database. It works fine as a "standalone" primary parallel server. (After runnning catparr.sql and configuring the parallel parameters in init.ora file (ie. parallel_server=true)

Moving forward..

The confusion that I have here is on the second database (OPS_B) residing on the same node.Am I required to create a complete "independent" database
(ie. including system, temp, rollback datafiles) or am I supposed only create a set of
redologs file and mount parallel to the primary database? To my "fuzzy" understanding
the only attributes that are required for the second database is the redologs
and background processes and the rest are dependent on the primary database (OPS_A). If so, what are the exact procedures to establish a basic parallel
server environment ? Please correct me if I am terribly wrong.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Student-