Re: Exception problem after about 20000 results

From: Jochen Schäfer <jsprivat_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:52:18 GMT

dbianchi_at_square.nl wrote in message news:<9h9lfu$ci5d2$6_at_ID-18487.news.dfncis.de>...

Orignial message only in comp.lang.java.databases

> Jochen Schäfer <jsprivat_at_web.de> wrote:
> > Here's a stack trace. Can anyone explain why this happens and what the
> > remedy is? I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 and JDBC 2.0.
>
> Without knowing what are you doing it's impossible
>
> > After sometimes about 20000 results I get a NullPointerException,
>
> Anyway, I'd suggest you to avoid to load/process so much data in
> your application. If you are doing some processing, move the process
> code inside the Oracle database in a Stored Procedure and use that
> (you have a server, then use it!), if you are building a display
> (grid of some sort), whell, more than 100 records are useless.
> No user in the world will like to see a 20000 or more rows and then
> scroll trought them to manually look for the data.
>
> Davide

I want to transfer data from the Oracle database to a XML Tamino database.

I build a JDOM-tree in my application. Can I also build a DOM or JDOM tree within a Stored Procedure?

Can I use all classes, which I use in a java program also in Stored Procedures inside a Oracle database?

In my application there is no User Interaction, therefore no user must view the 20000 rows. There is only an GUI for error-handling and control messages.

but thanks for your answer Davide

Jochen Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:52:18 CDT