Request for advice

From: D & S <dbd_at_bigfoot.nsp.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 00:33:54 GMT

Hi,

Let's say that I currently have a DEC AlphaServer 4100 running OpenVMS 7.2-1 and Oracle 8i. I want to replace this server with some other type of machine and I have about 40k to play with. What type of server should I look at? An Itanium? A Sun? How about what operating system? Thanks for any help - sorry I'm so vague with information, but just looking for a WAG.