strange problem using Oracle AQ with java

From: Pete Hawdon <pete_at_hawdon.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:36:44 GMT

Hello all,

I have a problem that's been very frustrating.

I am using Advanced Queueing on Oracle 8i v8.1.7 .

I have created a queue table and a queue, via JDBC (thin driver on client).

No problem so far.

I have a flat file of records that I am parsing and creating XML messages from.

These messages are then ENQUEUED into the Oracle queue, again via JDBC thin driver on client.

No problem so far.

My test file has 11 records in, that results in 11 XML messages. I do a row count on the queue table using SQLPlus and get 11 rows.

I have another java class that performs DEQUEUEs on the queue.

I do a DEQUEUE using this java class and i get a NullPointerException exception. (The dequeue fails).

I do another 5 DEQUEUES and get NullPointerException each time (each dequeue fails)

I do a 7th dequeue and it extracts a message succesfully from the queue. I can then do another 10 dequeues succesfully.

If i rerun the ENQUEUE operation to repopulate the queue with 11 more messages then i get the same problem again, ie 6 NullPointerException problems and on the seventh run it works!

Any ideas?????? Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:36:44 CDT