install oracle twice 2

From: Gallivan, Sean <Sean_Gallivan_at_afcc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:30:09 GMT

I have now followed the ideas diligently from Phil and Ed but still there seems to be a problem.

After signing on to my PC as 'administrator' I install my Oracle 8.0.5 disk on to NT4. Then reboot and go back in to the same PC but this time as my normal 'on-the-network' self. I then attempt to open the either enterprise manager or SQL plus both times I am presented with a user password dialogue box. (User name: System -and password: manager, does not work). No idea why I have to sign on at this stage?

When I try to use NET8 assistant I get this warming: "Comment information has been detected in your network configuration files which may be lost or repositioned when you save your network configuration. Do you wish to continue?

I'd love to move up to 'newbie' status but I can't even install the thing! Thanks
Sean

--
Posted from mail3.ssmb.com [199.67.141.129]