Installing Oracle 8.1.7 client on a Linux Debian Woody

From: Samuel Tran <stran_at_immostreet.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:23:38 GMT

Hello everybody,

I'm having trouble installing Oracle 8.1.7 client on a Linux Debian Woody box.

My Glibc is > 2.2 and I have the following error in the logs :

Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target relink of makefile /opt/oracle/product/817/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

I guess it is a linking problem.

I did not have this problem when installing on a Linux Debian Potato.

I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Sam Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:23:38 CDT