Re: MS Access usefulness and size restrictions

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:51:06 GMT

Joe \"Nuke Me Xemu\" Foster wrote:

> "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message <news:3B3BFEBB.B5D08B5C_at_exesolutions.com>...
>
> > The head of the team that developed Jet left Microsoft and formed his own
> > company last year. What operating system and database do you think he chose?
> > I'll give you a hint ... I was retained as a consultant.
>
> I've seen the light! So, since Microsoft has indicated that it uses
> FreeBSD internally, we should stop using NTAS and immediately switch
> to FreeBSD? After all, surely NTAS itself is only one step above 3x5
> cards, yes? Just like we should use Oracle for *all* database apps?
>
> --
> Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net> Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>
> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above They're coming to
> because my cats have apparently learned to type. take me away, ha ha!

I don't use Oracle for all database apps. There are appropriate places for shareware databases, appropriate places for SQL Server, for DB/2, for Teradata, and others. But that was not the point of the original posting to which I took offense.

And which part of the fact that this was posted in usenet groups named comp.databases.oracle did someone miss? If you pour out gasoline and start creating sparks ... don't complain when you start a fire.

I think we have wasted enough electrons on this. Agreed?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 15:51:06 CDT