Prepare Statement and (Oracle's) SGA

From: Alain Kreienbuhl <alain.kreienbuhl_at_fisystem.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:52:07 GMT

Hello,

We're using the PreparedStatement Object Pool provided in Websphere AppServer with an Oracle 8.0.5 RDMS (yes I know :-) .

At one time we had 3 connections alloted using the same query. Since a PreparedStatement is associated with a Connection object at that time we had 3 connections objects and 3 preparedStatement objects (1 / connection).

Now when we looked at the v$sql table regarding the specific query, we noted that the parse_call was 1. This means that SGA cached the parsed query. Now I understand that the SGA is buffer where come and go. Now may question is this :

Thanks for your help.

Alain.

I'd like to have some information about the following : We have t Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:52:07 CDT