Re: HELP! object relational

From: Kathrin Holweger <kaholli_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:22:26 GMT

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>SQL>
>SQL> create type body line_t as
> 2 member function linelength(scale number) return
> 3 number is
> 4 begin
> 5 return
> 6 scale *
> 7 sqrt((self.end1.x - self.end2.x)
> 8 * (self.end1.x - self.end2.x)
> 9 + (self.end1.y - self.end2.y)
> 10 * (self.end1.y - self.end2.y));
> 11 end;
> 12 end;
> 13 /
>
>Type body created.
>
>SQL>
>SQL> spool off
>
>This is Personal Oracle 8.1.5
>
>So what is your error again?

Actually I thought I was specific. After the "create type body" part I always got the error, "type created with compilation errors". So obviously I couldn't access the method because it just wasn't there. but compilation error isn't really specific and I got that for whatever I did. But if it works for you and since this is also supposed to be right then maybe it is and there's just something wrong with our oracle configuration at uni. But thanks very much for trying this out for me!!

Holli

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de