Problem with sqlplus/sqlnet

From: Augustine <augustine101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:13:02 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to solve this problem.

I've configured oracle client on Solaris using net8asst for oracle8i running on solaris.
My test with netasst and tnsping shows that connection is okay. Even when tried to use sqlplus user/password_at_oracle_sid also is ok.

But when I tried to use sqlplus without using the above syntax its failing. ie first i set the oracle_sid using ". oraenv". Then used sqlplus command which prompt me for the userid and password. But then it says "oracle not available". What could be the reason?

Even after all other successful tests why this one is failing?

Thanks
Augustine Joseph Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:13:02 CDT