How to call an Oracle stored procedure from VB

From: Panos Kavalagios <P.Kavalagios_at_hydro.ntua.gr>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:49:54 GMT

Hello,

   I'm using Oracle dynamic sets (oradynaset / Oracle InProc Server) and there is a need to call an Oracle 8.1.5 stored procedure within Visual Basic 6.0. With MS ADO record sets the call is as following:

Dim Rec As ADODB.Recordset
Dim cmd As ADODB.Command

cmd.CommandText = "{call mystoredproc}"
cmd.Execute

I tried this with Oracle dynamic sets and get error messages about invalid characters:

Dim OraDB As OraDatabase
Dim OraDyn As OraDynaset

strSQL = "{call mystoredproc}"
OraDB.ExecuteSQL strSQL

What is the proper way to call the procedure? Is there anywhere else documentation about Oracle dynamic sets except the Oracle Developers Guide reference coming with Oracle Server?

Panos Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:49:54 CDT