Re: Oracle OCI driver: Garbage after a failed getConnection()

From: N. J. O'Neill <njoneill_at_llnl.gov>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:51:56 GMT

Sounds like this bug (from the 8.1.6.2.0 JDBC driver release notes list of bug fixes):

 Bug 113152 Invalid connection consume a process leading to ORA-20

               Each invalid connection (which can't be closed,
               e.g. incorrect password) consumes a process on the
               system.  When the number of processes exceeds processes
               parameter in the init.ora, ora-20 ORA-00020: maximum
               number of processes (50) exceeded.

Try upgrading your driver to version 8.1.6.2.0 or better. This solved the problem for me.

--N. J. O'Neill