Re: Oracle's support of PreparedStatement

From: Rolf Garske <garske_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:51:59 GMT

The effect you are talking about can be the result of late binding. This

means the prepared statement is actually prepared with it's first use. T his
helps to avoid cases where a lot of statements are prepared by the programmer, but then not invoked by the user who is running the applicat ion.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:08:02 +0200, Alain Kreienbuhl wrote:

:>Thanks for your reply.
:>
:>I'm very much aware of the JDBC Developper's guide and reference (540
 pages).
:>There is nothing mentioning that preparedStatement are really repared
 once.
:>The reason my asking this is because I Merant mentioned that :
:> con.prepareStatement("invalid sql code")
:>
:>does not throw any SQLException nor SQLWarning. Therefore I'm wonderin
 g if
:>preparedStatement are really being prepared once.
:>
:>Alain.
:>
:>Sybrand Bakker a crit :
:>
:>> "Alain Kreienbuhl" <alain.kreienbuhl_at_fisystem.com> wrote in message
:>> news:3B27945B.5144F725_at_fisystem.com...
:>> > Hello,
:>> >
:>> > Are preparedStatement supported in the following configuration:
:>> > - JDBC Driver 8.1.(6-7)
:>> > - RDMS Oracle 8.0.5
:>> >
:>> > By supported I mean, are the query really prepared once (for a giv
 en
:>> > scope, method scope or longer if connection pool + preparedStatem
 ent
:>> > pool are used).
:>> >
:>> > Where can I found official information about this.
:>> >
:>> > Thanks .
:>> >
:>> > Alain.
:>> >
:>> >
:>>
:>> In Oracle's jdbc documentation, obviously.
:>> Although running a higher version driver against a lower version dat
 abase
:>> (which has also been desupported) is just asking for problems.
:>>
:>> Hth,
:>>
:>> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
:>

Phone: +49 211 6914777  Mobile Phone: +49 172 2117822          Fax: +49
211 6914778
Email: garske_at_attglobal.net
                    PGP Key on Request