Re: Installation of Developer on unix

From: Chris Eastland <chrise_at_shoreview.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:48:55 GMT

CSC <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk> wrote in message news:<9elurb$4lf1_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>...
> When I install Form 6i, it return the following error:
>
> 'rdbms' software is not available in the current distribution source and
> has not been installed.
> You must obtain and install 'rdbms' software from some other source first.
> Note: You may also get this error if the Installer registry file has been
> overwritten
>

> However, I have already installed Oracle 8.1.7 in the same Solaris or
> Linux box.

Are you installing Forms 6i into a different Oracle Home from 8.1.7 as the release notes surely call for? The registration file is probably the file called runinstallerLocation or something like that in /var/opt/oracle (going from memory here - there's only this file and oratab in that directory anyway).
Before you install, rename that file and remove all oracle environment variables (path, ld_library_path, SID and HOME)

Above all, read or reread the release notes. Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:48:55 CDT