Re: retrieve columns information

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:59:40 -0700

Jean wrote:

> Hi to all!!
> I need to retrieve columns information from an Oracle 8i database.
> How can I do?
> I need tables structure such as Column name, column data type, column lenght
> etc etc.
> I tried to use User_MD_Columns but I haven't results.
> Do you have any suggestions??
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Bye

Obviously you need to learn the Oracle data dictionary views.

Try this query:

SELECT *
FROM user_tab_columns;

That will get you started.

Then run the following:

SELECT *
FROM user_objects
WHERE object_name LIKE "USER%';

And explore what you find.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jul 20 2001 - 11:59:40 CDT