Re: Starting Oracle Management Server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 02:00:07 -0700

<sandoval_at_brooklaw.edu> wrote in message news:<tlfgf6qvk029c1_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> Hi:
>
> I've installed OMS on Windows2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Server.
> The installation was relatively painless and so was the setup. However,
> I've tried starting OMS Service through Windows Services and received the
> following error:
>
> "Could not start the Oracle81ManagementServer service on Local Computer.
> The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
> error or an internal service error."
>
> Ihaven't had any luck starting it from the command line either and the
> error I receive is that "The service did not report an error".
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on starting OMS on Windows 2000. If not,
> has anyone had success with OMS on Linux, Solaris for Intel or Win NT 4.0 ?
>
> Thanks.

This has nothing to do with platform.
You need to install a repository in any database. To do so you need to run the Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant. And, oh yes, probably this is in the installation manual.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jul 20 2001 - 04:00:07 CDT