Re: Connect via Oracle Provider for OLE DB from Visual Basic CRASHES

From: Mark Fry <mark.fry_at_acnielsen.co.uk>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 02:34:06 -0700

Not sure if it's the done thing to answer one's own posting, but anyway...

I've found that TNS_ADMIN can be an NT environment variable, which is simpler to set than a Registry key (I think): Settings; Control Panel; System; Environment tab.

So I've set TNS_ADMIN = c:\<my oracle 8.1.6 home dir>\Network\Admin and bingo! my VB 6 program will connect to the correct database through MSDAORA.