Finding out about indexes from system tables

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2001 09:36:47 -0400

I'm working on a littler PerlTK script to allow some operators to do lightweight table data changes. I would like to display which fileds in the table they are working on are "keys". At least in our case I can figure this out by looking at what cols have unique indexes. All of our tables have unique indexes on thse cols, like:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX MWH_LOG_2
 ON MWH_LOG
(

DSTAMP ,
BRKR_ID ,
BRKR_TYPE
 )

or:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX B100_1
 ON B100
(

  TSTAMP
 )

I found the ALL_INDEXES view, but it des not seem to contain the names of the indexed cols, just the table that that ind3ex applies to.

Where can I find the names of the cols that a specific index applies to?

Thanks. Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 08:36:47 CDT