pro*c problem - strcat

From: Izabela Sowula <izasow_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2001 18:47:20 -0700

Hi,

I'm having a problem with finding a replacement for strcat or strncat functions to use in my pro*c (dynamic method 4 with Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.2.0).

The flow of actions in my application are to prompt user to ask a question in English then to analyse it against the dictionary and then to create an SQL query and retrieve data from the database all in the runtime.My dictionary has to be in an array of structs:

struct dicRecord

        {

		string key;
		string from;
		string where;

	}  copyofdictionary[100];

So far I can do everything apart from concatenation of strings, which then are going to make sql equerry.

In my main I have defined:
char g_from[82] = {"FROM PLANT"};

then I want to use an equivalent of strcat doing: strcat(g_from,",");

or

strcat(g_from,copyofdictionary[result].from);

If I'm trying to use #define mystrcat(A,B) strcat((char*)A,B); then I'm going into an infinitive loop with the message ANSI Sqlstate 42000 Syntax error or access violation ORA 00942

I will appreciate any help

Thanks

Izabela Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:47:20 CDT