Forms question

From: Amanda Zaborowski <azaborow_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:27:09 -0400

This should be an easy one, but cannot seem to come up the answer.

I have a form which have two data blocks, query_fields and query_results. The two items in the query_fields block are item_id and item_desc. The item_desc is a poplist and I used a simple "when-list-changed" trigger to update the query according to the description selected.

The problem I run into is the trigger that should be used on the text item, item_id. Once the user enters the three digit number, I want to query the DB based on this number. But, the closest I can come to this seems to be when the item is validated, which will only occur when the cursor is positioned outside of the field. Since normal operation would not make it necessary to enter a new field in order to query based on this, are there any other triggers I might use, or do I need to define my own? Any suggestions?

I have tried:
when-validate-item
when-mouse-move (in a last attempt, though quickly found this was horrible design)

Thanks in advance!

Amanda Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 14:27:09 CDT