Newbie Help! Simple update question

From: Robert Blomstrand <rbl_at_qmedia.co.za>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:06:26 +0200

Could I please ask a simple question that has been bugging me for a long time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

You have 2 tables (lets say "table1" and "table2") linked together with a key (lets call the column "keyfield"). Both tables also contain column that we could name "status".

How would I now go about updating the "status" column on table2 with the same value of the "status" column on the corresponding table1 row. I could do this with a little PL/SQL script using a cursor but surely there is a way of doing it through a single update command?

I would really appreciate an answer on this one, and please copy any replies to both this newsgroup and my E-mail rbl_at_qmedia.co.za.

Many thanks all. Received on Wed Jul 18 2001 - 03:06:26 CDT