DBMS_LOB from 8.16 to 8.05

From: Markus Stuhlpfarrer <mstuhlpfarrer_at_hollomey.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:39:52 GMT

we have the problem that on the production database of a customer is running on 8.05 but a new procedure requires the DBMS_LOB package to gain performance. on 8.16 the procedure works great, but on 8.05 there is no create temporary so i have to select the clob from a table and write into it.
that makes the procedure (god knows why) a lot slower because the DBMS_LOB.write takes a lot more time with that.

my question is, can i install the DBMS_LOB package of 8.16 on a 8.05? Received on Wed Jul 18 2001 - 10:39:52 CDT