Copy Oracle spatial tables to remote computer

From: Burnet Roland <roland.burnet_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:32:03 +0200

Hello,
I want to copy a spatial table (with a MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY field) from a computer to another computer.
The sql command
create table spatial2 as select * from spatial1 has no problem on the same computer, but if I create a database link 'foreign' the sql command
create table spatial2 as select * from spatial1_at_foreign is not performed, I got the following error message : ORA-22804 remote operations not permitted on object tables or user-defined type columns.

How it is possible to copy a such table on a remote computer ?

Thanks in advance for your help

R. Burnet Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 09:32:03 CDT