Re: Oracle 9i Client Requirements

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:06:43 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:07:14 -0500, Samuel H Roseman <calliesam_at_ev1.net> wrote:

>Do I need 512 MB of memory to run Oracle Client also? I didn't see
>separate requirements
>specified for Oracle Client.

I can't imagine you'd need 512MB for the client. The server needs that for the buffer cache, SGA, Java pool, etc.

>In a nutshell, can I run Oracle 9i client on a laptop with only 128 MB
>of memory?

I'd bet money on it, though I admit to not having tried it yet.

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://Gennick.com * http://MichiganWaterfalls.com * http://MetalDrums.org Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 21:06:43 CDT