Oracle 7 / Discoverer2000 installation - help required

From: StevieRay <SJRay_at_netlevel.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:47:13 +0100

I'm trying to install Oracle 7.3 client and data browser (Discoverer/2000 from Developer 2000 v1.3) on an NT4 (SP5) workstation without much success. Although the client installs OK, when I try to install the data browser, the installation crashes. No matter what options I chose the installation will always crash. (This software combination is running on an NT3.5 Winframe server). The only difference I can see is that the Oracle Installer is v3.2.2.0 on the Winframe server.

Can anyone suggest how to stop the installation crashing?

Also, on what version of Oracle client does the 3.2.2.0 installer come? (I've looked on 7.3.2 / 7.3.3 CDs, and both have older versions).

Any help appreciated,
Steve Rayment Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 15:47:13 CDT