Re: Oracle 8i + Firewall

From: Andrew Hardy <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:55:38 +0100

"Christian Greven" <greven.christian_at_baufeldt.de> wrote in message news:uf1vi9.8ei.ln_at_webserv.local...
> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeeds.com ***
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> thanks for help. Two questions:
>
> 1) I could not find the key in the registry. Where should it be placed?

You can enter it as an environment variable from the NT Control Panel, System Environment or within registry \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE for release 8 or \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME <n> for release 8i.

> 2) What's the Oracle Connection Manager? Is it part of Oracle Standard
> Server?

Connection Manager is part of Net8 in the Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition and should be described in Net8 Administrator's Guide.

Andy Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 10:55:38 CDT