Re: RDO Connection with VB6 without ODBC

From: SPaquin <stephane_paquin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 10:18:35 -0700

"Bertrand LEBIN" <blebin_at_free.fr> wrote in message news:<oLC47.145$ll3.191603_at_nnrp4.proxad.net>...
> Hi,
>
> Can we connect an RDO from vb6 to Oracle object without O.D.B.C ?
>
> If anybody knows the solution I would appreciate it.
> (with VB6 Source Code !).
>
> Thanks

 Have a look at www.able-consulting.com. It gives plenty of info. If you want to avoid ODBC completely, you need a ADO(or RDO) to Oracle gateway, wihich can be provided by RDS (Remote Data Services). I have this implemented here and it works great. I don't install ODBC and SQLNet on clients anymore. The VB6 applications access the RDS service on an IIS platform.

 Works for me. Good luck.
 Stephane Received on Mon Jul 16 2001 - 12:18:35 CDT