OraFocus Weekly: Oracle docs, New 9i features and more

From: Jason Filby <jason.filby_at_orafocus.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 15:56:03 GMT

In this weeks update
- DBA Interview Questions

DBA Interview Questions

There's an article by Kevin Loney that discusses DBA interview questions. This is useful reading for any DBA seeking a job and the people who give the interviews. If you have any advice or stories about a DBA interview you had, post them here.

Oracle Documentation

A link to documentation from Oracle that has: PDF versions of the documentation to make printing easier SQL and PL/SQL syntax and examples
Error message lookup facility
Initialization parameters information
Catalog / data dictionary views
Search facility

New Oracle 9i Features

Information is showing up everywhere on the net summarizing and describing the new features of the Oracle 9i database. We list some of the best sources.

Summary

The site is continuing to grow at a steady pace. We've managed to iron out a bug that prevented some users from seeing the pages, so if OraFocus didn't work for you, give it a try now.