Triggers? Is there another way with Java?

From: Stephan Gutschke <stephan_at_mail.gutschke.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2001 11:58:36 -0700

Hi there,

I am about to program a software (in Java) which views some data that is stored in an Oracle database. My question is now:

Is there a way that my Java program is notified, whenever any of the data-fields that I am viewing change for some reason in the database? I want then be able to update in the Java program the view of the fields.

I know that I could use some PL/SQL trigger stuff :), but I thought that there might be an easier way. I heard something about a "embedded java VM" in oracle, could I maybe do something with that thing :).

Thank you very much

 Stephan Received on Sat Jul 14 2001 - 13:58:36 CDT