selecting first row of a view

From: james A <james.akerman_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:46:03 +0100

I am trying to select the first row of all the columns of data produced by a view using a statement such as:

select first * from V_viewname;

I know that 'first' is not a keyword but I was wondering if there is a keyword that I could use or a way I could get around this

any help apprechiated
thanks. Received on Sat Jul 14 2001 - 14:46:03 CDT