ODBC Access-Oracle

From: Andreas Jaendl <andreas.jaendl_at_weihenstephan.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:59:35 +0200

We have an application running on linked tables in Access 2000 and there is a problem in datatype mapping. Number(0,0) datatypes are mapped to text and other numbers with fixed length (e.g. number (10,2)) are mapped to Access datatype decimal (10,2), which would be correct. However we cannot update or insert numbers with decimal places but get Oracle error 01722 (invalid number). Is there a workaround to this problem or does anyone else know about it? We encountered it with Oracle 8.1.5 Personal edition and Oracle 8.1.6 enterprise edition databases.

Thanks for any help, Andreas Jaendl Received on Fri Jul 13 2001 - 04:59:35 CDT