Re: help: ORA-01034 Oracle not available

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:46:41 -0500

I was afraid you were going to ask that...I'm not sure which registry entry has the setting ( its been too long since I needed to change one) , but I'm sure someone in this group will respond..

The sequence of startup actions can affect the ability to autostart the instance, so be sure the listener is started before the database service - However we have some installations where, no matter what the dba's try, the instance must be individually started..