Coping Data From One Table To Another

From: Mathew Smith <mat_at_dcs.bbk.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:00:31 GMT

Hi,

I wonder if you can help? I have a table containing two columns, one of type 'varchar 'the other of type 'long raw' (see SQL data definition code below) and I wish to copy the data contained within this table into

another table that contains the same columns, with the same names and corresponding types. I have gathered that Oracle (I am using version 8.1.7.0.0) has a command 'copy' that may be used for this purpose; however I am not familiar enough with the command to use it for this purpose. If you could mail me the SQL*Plus code required to complete this task it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Mat

create table Pictures
(