Re: Getting ORA-22993 error with 8.1.7 under OpenVMS when trying to insert an XML Doc into a CLOB column

From: Ivan Samuelson <isamuels_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:47:04 GMT

Well, never mind. I found the problem. It's a VMS issue regarding the layout of the files.

If it's a file that consists of variable length records, then the dbms_log.loadfromfile procedure will bomb.

If the file has static length records, it will work.

Case in point, if I ftp a file to the Alphas in ASCII mode, then everything is screwed up as far as DBMS_LOB is concerned, even though in an editor, it will look fine.

However, if I ftp the file in NINARY mode, the file is of one record and DBMS_LOB will load the file into a CLOB column.

At times, I love VMS. Other times, I despise it. Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 21:47:04 CDT