Forms runtime 6i doesn't work from the client.

From: Ivan V Canalejo <ivan_at_ats-corp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:36:01 -0400

The problem I'm having now is that I can not open the forms to see the database in the server form a workstation.

I'm using oracle 8i ver 8.0.4 and Developer 6i. In a windows NT 4.0 environment

I installed the DB on the server. I installed the Forms developer on the server and I can see the data with the forms. I called HOME=SRV_HOME

The forms run on the server against the dtabase on the server with the "Forms runtime" installed.

In the client workstation NT 4.0, I installed the forms developer 6i and I installed it into a different HOME=CLT_HOME than the one on the server.

I created a service called "service1" to see the database on the server SRV1 and by using SQL Plus 8.0, I can see and query the data on the server.

I set the SRV_HOME as the default.

When I started the "Forms Runtime", I gave the following as parameters:

ID=id1

PSW=psw1

Database=ORCL

Oracle*Terminal resource file = id1/psw1_at_service1

(service1; as name of the service). I tested also with diferent services created with different names which I also tested and worked properlly with SQL Plus 8.0

When I use the forms runtime from the client with the previous parameter it gave me an error: TNS: can't resolve the service.

So, on the server the runtime forms work, but i can not get to work from the workstation.!!

Please, can anyone Help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan. Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 13:36:01 CDT