Returning values to client program

From: Benetnasch <benetnasch.spam.begone_at_blimey.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:52:15 +0100

Can one return a value from Oracle to a "front end" - using O7, unfortunately - using something other than recordsets?

What I'd like to be able to do is for the client to fire off a bit of code which can return a value to the client without the need for a recordset.

I know you can do it in O8 with REF CURSORs, but we're in the middle ages here... ;-)

Thanks for any help.

--
Benetnasch
Remove ".spam.begone"