help with java stored proc--loadjava error: no such table MD5

From: Greg Jorgensen <gregj_at_pdxperts.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:05:21 GMT

I'm trying to get the simple hello, world Java stored procedure to work. I've got Oracle 8.1.7 client software installed with the Java goodies. I've got the latest JDK from Sun. My Java code compiles to a class file. But when I do this:

loadjava -user me/pass_at_db.abcde.com -schema SSS -resolve -verbose hello.class

I get four errors. As best I can tell the main problem is no MD5 table in my database, not in the SSS schema or anywhere else.

I have regular user privileges, I'm not the DBA. I can create and run PL/SQL stored procedures with no problem.

Is there some setup script or something the DBA has to run so I can create a Java stored procedure? Do I need some privileges that I don't have?

I can't find any reference to this in the Oracle manuals.

Thanks!

Greg Jorgensen
PDXperts LLC
gregj_at_pdxperts.com Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 03:05:21 CDT