Oracle Cluster Index Performance

From: Eric Chang <echang_at_surffast.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2001 14:07:01 -0700

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about their real world experiences with cluster indexes. I have recently experimented with these and have not seen increased performance gains from this.

The cluster key is simply a unique number generated from an Oracle sequence. There are about 100 rows/cluster key and each row is 300 bytes. The size I used for the cluster index is 30000. My Oracle block size is 8K so I know that there is some row chaining going on.

Is there anyone out there that has experience with this sort of set up?

Eric Chang Received on Tue Jul 10 2001 - 16:07:01 CDT