Test for parameters in an SQL-Script?

From: Geoff May <Geoff.May_at_doka.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:50:23 +0200

Hello all,

I'm trying to write an SQL-Script that does certain SELECTs, depending on the parameters parsed:

Case 1:    No parameters, asked the user to enter the data,
Case 2:    One parameter, ask the user which building site,
Case 3:    Two parameters, perform select

I tried using NVL() on the &1 parameter, but ORACLE SQL*Plus comes up with:

Enter value for 1:

Is there anyway that I can test for parameters in a script?

MfG

Geoff.

--

"Sage nicht immer, was du weißt, aber wisse immer, was du sagst." - Matthias
Claudius