Re: Co-operative FAQ

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2001 05:51:15 -0700

Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk> wrote in message news:<F43E6BAE5BB5D411A44C00805FBE740DBECE78_at_apps.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> <blush>
>
> Norman.

How about organizing the FAQ from an alphabetical keyword list where each keyword is a link to another page of related topics.

Example - 'snapshot too old'
possible keywords might be "rbs storage snapshot" each of which will take the viewer to a page where a list of possible articles of interest might be found

In the case of rbs there could be articles related to sizing, determining number, snapshot too old for version 7 - 8 and maybe a discussion of the change with 9i where I hear that Oracle manages the rbs segments.

But if the viewer though of 'snapshot too old' as a storage issue he would still find a link as well as entries for table sizing, index sizing, freespace management.

Reviewers could then recommend the keywords that an article should have links from based on its content. And I am willing to review articles. Just email me with either the article or the URL and instructions for what type of comments you want. E-mail is [insert dot between entries] mark powell [at] eds com.