loss of system datafile with no cold backup

From: julie <jgaldames_at_xmmcorp.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2001 07:52:13 -0700

Hi,

We lost one drive which had the system and tools datafiles. The database instance was created only a week ago. I didn't create a cold backup right after creating the database because I'm a new dba and didn't know that would be a good idea. Any... I have all the other datafile, the control file and the init.ora file. Is there a way to recover from this? We don't want to loose the data that is in those datafiles. My question is can I recreate the database so that I can get the data off of the other datafiles. If so how can I do this? Any help u can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!!!

Julie Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 09:52:13 CDT