Re: SQL Plus Question

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_spamisnotcool.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 13:58:34 GMT

Chill, Sybrand.

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Sun Jul 8 09:49:31 2001 (NT 4.0 Workstation)

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.1.0 - Production

SQL> desc dual
 Name

 DUMMY SQL> desc v$parameter
 Name

 NUM
 NAME
 TYPE
 VALUE
 ISDEFAULT
 ISSES_MODIFIABLE
 ISSYS_MODIFIABLE
 ISMODIFIED
 ISADJUSTED
 DESCRIPTION SQL> show all
appinfo is ON and set to "SQL*Plus"
arraysize 15
autocommit OFF
autoprint OFF
autorecovery OFF
autotrace OFF
blockterminator "." (hex 2e)
btitle OFF and is the first few characters of the next SELECT statement
cmdsep OFF
colsep " "
compatibility version NATIVE
concat "." (hex 2e)
copycommit 0
COPYTYPECHECK is ON
define "&" (hex 26)
describe DEPTH 1 LINENUM OFF INDENT ON
markup HTML OFF SPOOL OFF ENTMAP ON PREFORMAT OFF echo OFF
editfile "afiedt.buf"
embedded OFF
escape OFF
feedback OFF
flagger OFF
flush ON
heading ON
headsep "|" (hex 7c)
instance "local"
linesize 1000
lno 5
loboffset 1
logsource ""
long 80
longchunksize 80
newpage 1
null ""
numformat ""
numwidth 10
pagesize 14
PAUSE is OFF
pno 1
recsep WRAP
recsepchar " " (hex 20)
release 801060100
repfooter OFF and is NULL
repheader OFF and is NULL
serveroutput ON size 1000000 format WORD_WRAPPED shiftinout INVISIBLE
showmode OFF
spool OFF
sqlblanklines OFF
sqlcase MIXED
sqlcode 0
sqlcontinue "> "
sqlnumber ON
sqlprefix "#" (hex 23)
sqlprompt "SQL> "
sqlterminator ";" (hex 3b)
suffix "sql"
tab ON
termout ON
time OFF
timing OFF
trimout ON
trimspool ON
ttitle OFF and is the first few characters of the next SELECT statement
underline "-" (hex 2d)
USER is "SYSADM"
verify ON
wrap : lines will be wrapped
SQL> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:tkgmu4okh52hff_at_beta-news.demon.nl...

> "Buck Turgidson" <jc_va_at_spamisnotcool.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > This seems like a dumb question, but I can't get this to work.
 Under