SQL Plus Question

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_spamisnotcool.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 10:11:12 GMT

This seems like a dumb question, but I can't get this to work. Under the old version of SQL Plus for Windows on 7.3, when you ran a query, you would get a dialog box with a "Cancel" button. So if a query of update hung, you could just cancel. In the 8i client version, I don't get a dialog box, and the menus aren't active during a query. So if I have a runaway query, I have to kill the SQL Plus session.

One other irritation is doing a describe. In 7.3, it would return column names and the data types and whether it was null. Now, I just get back the columns. I cannot find any settings to change this.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Received on Sun Jul 08 2001 - 05:11:12 CDT