Re: Create a table from query (Oracle Novice)

From: nick <nick-love_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:30:10 -0000

Willie S Coggins wrote:

> I discovered afte some reading how to apply SELECT INTO and CREATE TABLE
 AS
> to create a table from an existing table via a query. However, I still
 need
> help to find out how to solicit user input to retrieve sorted information
> from a table. Can someone offer some assistance?
> Will
>

> "Willie S Coggins" <coggins_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in message
> > I have two questions.
> > How can one create a table from an Oracle SQL query?
> > How can I get users to enter parameters in a query?
> >
> > Will

    Create table Emp2
    As
    Select Empno,Name,Job,Salary
    from EMP1
    Where Deptno IN (100,200)

    The example above create a table EMP2, which contain the Employee Number(Empno), Employees' Name(Name), Employee's Job(Job), and Employees' Salary whose is working in either Department Number(Deptno) 100 or 200. The data for EMP2 table is coming form EMP1.

   Select *
   From EMP2; (This will bring up all the data from the EMP2 table)