beq and peoplesoft

From: Paul Tomko <tomko_at_earth.execpc.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2001 14:20:51 -0500

How would I go about setting up an entry in tnsnames.ora to get my peoplesoft applications to access the local Oracle databases via beq? I have heard that by default, local clients will try to connect via beq, but this turns out not to be the case. I have AUTOMATIC_IPC set to on, but I don't see any beq server process started in unix when peoplesoft connects. I can see this server process start if I connect via sqlplus.
thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Tomko     paul@tomkoinc.com    http://www.tomkoinc.com