Re: Bug 1489683 : wich versions are vunerable

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:33:50 +0200

> As they are desupported they won't create a patch whether those versions
 are
> affected or not.
> Under the license terms Oracle is not obliged to patch a desupported
 product
> nor it is obliged to backport those patches to previous releases.
> If you are afraid you are affected by this problem you need to upgrade to
> 8.1.7 rightaway as from November 1 that will be the only supported pre
> Oracle 9i release.

Here is the real world horror story:
Many third party software suppliers certify on a certain oracle release. Once they sold the product to you they don't certify new oracle releases. If you upgrade the database anyway they refuse to give support. If this bug exists in 7.3.4 and 8.0 I have an additional argument to force them into certifying a supported oracle release. That's why I want to know this.

Rob. Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 02:33:50 CDT