Re: BREAK statement

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2001 09:53:24 -0700

In article <9hsr9e$91s$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>, "Eric says...

>This script won't run correctly. I get the data but no break. Any help is
>much appreciated
>
>BREAK ON hd.t$orno SKIP 1
>
>SELECT hd.t$orno, hd.t$cuno, hd.t$odat, ln.t$item, ln.t$pric
> FROM baan.ttdsls040100 hd, baan.ttdsls041100 ln
>WHERE hd.t$orno = ln.t$orno
> AND hd.t$cotp like '%SR1%'
> AND hd.t$odat > sysdate - 90
>ORDER BY hd.t$orno;
>
>Is there an enviornment variable I need to change on my machine to make this
>work?
>
>release 703040001

don't include the correlation name in the break, consider:

scott_at_TKYTE816> break on emp.deptno skip 1 scott_at_TKYTE816> select emp.deptno, ename from emp order by emp.deptno;

DEPTNO ENAME
------ ----------

    10 CLARK
    10 KING
    10 MILLER
    20 SMITH
    20 ADAMS
    20 FORD
    20 SCOTT
    20 JONES
    30 ALLEN
    30 BLAKE
    30 MARTIN
    30 JAMES
    30 TURNER
    30 WARD 14 rows selected.

scott_at_TKYTE816> break on deptno skip 1
scott_at_TKYTE816> select emp.deptno, ename from emp order by emp.deptno;

DEPTNO ENAME
------ ----------

    10 CLARK

       KING