Re: two oracle database in one server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:27:43 +0200

"rawshed" <aikrab_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:434fb7c7.0107031028.58da5614_at_posting.google.com...
> Can we have two oracle db for two different applications in a solaris
> box.
> Usually we have one application using oracle 8.05 in one netra/solaris 2.6
> the other application using oracle 8.16 in the other netra.
>
> Can we install also diff oracle version in one unit.
>
> I have very little knowledge of oracle, trying to understand it.
>

> rawshed

Yes you can, and another yes you can
However, 8.0.5 has been desupported in June 2000, and 8.1.6 will be desupported end of October this year.
Oracle 8.0 is virtually dead, all documentation has been removed from technet. You may want to upgrade to 8.1.7 rightaway.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 03 2001 - 14:27:43 CDT