Re: Oracle metrics - any useful ideas on what to track?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:42:13 GMT

While I fundementally agree with your sentiment, I get the feeling that the base reasoning is to start establishing some form of benchmarks for SLAs in the future.

The Oracle Press book on StatsPack gives some fairly good ideas on the types of information that are important (to some people), as do the fancy charts from the Enterprise Manager Diagnostics Pack.

/Hans