Re: MS Access usefulness and size restrictions

From: Richard H. Rowson <richard_at_rhrowson.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:12:07 +0100

We are running an Excel workbook over the LAN with multiple updates, but you do have to enable sharing - apologies for a little off topic BTW. I have worked with Excel workbooks bigger than 15Mb and the only issue has been memory size (this was before memory was so cheap and my employer was trying to get me to manipulate large files with 32Mb RAM & a P150. It ran fine on a PII 400MHz and 64Mb RAM).

No doubt one of the finer minds than mine could suggest as to why your application was a dog with 25 users, but I would suggest that perhaps it needed a re-write to optimise it for multiple users.

--
Regards,

Richard H. Rowson

<b.linda_at_sh.cvut.cz> wrote in message news:9hpi4n$l01$1_at_ns.felk.cvut.cz...

> Richard H. Rowson <richard_at_rhrowson.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > Since I can build one that doesn't fall over with 25 users, and I don't
even
> > develop full time at the moment as I have other duties to perform, I
would
> > shoot the developer who can not get Jet to perform better than 5
> > connections. I wouldn't pay a contractor who delivered that ineptly.
Excel